Sunday, November 15, 2009

911 and Football

I was in the middle of typing yesterday's blog when my cell phone rang. It wasn't a number I was familiar with but I answered it anyway. Normally I ignore calls from numbers I don't know. My phone had been sitting on an end table in the living room and that's where I left it when I had to use the restroom. I don't have to have my cell phone with me at all times. Anyway, when I came out of the bathroom (and I had only been in there for 5 minutes) I picked it up and took it to the kitchen table to begin yesterday's blog post. It rings and they as for someone named Hope Beck. I told them they had the wrong number so they proceed to tell me that they (911) had received 4 hang up calls. I told her that was impossible because no one had called them and they did ask for someone else when I answered the phone. She also said that she had called back several times and no one had answered except for one time and that it sounded like an elderly lady with a sore throat. The 911 operator seemed confused like I was speaking a foreign language. At that time I wasn't sure why it was so hard for her to understand the words "no one has called 911 from this number." The operator argued with me so I finally hung up. I'm surprised that didn't get me an unexpected knock at the door. Just because I can NEVER be wrong, I looked at my recent calls list on my phone. Oh lordy! There was like 3 calls from my phone to 911 in a matter of 2 minutes. My son, my darling little angel, had been playing with my phone while I was visiting the lady's room. The old lady with the sore throat was also him because he was under a blanket and pillow trying to be quiet so I wouldn't hear him. I felt so bad that I had gotten angry with the 911 operator. I called back and apologized. I should have made him apologize too but I had stepped outside to make the phone call because he was sitting on the couch, screaming repeatedly "I don't want to go to jail". Not sure why he thought that because I hadn't mentioned that to him. He continued that little fit for about 10 minutes.

As I crossed the living room to tell him that no one was locking him up but I'd consider it if he didn't be quiet, I stepped on Thomas the Tank Engine and cut my foot wide open. In the process of trying not to step all the way down on it after I felt it under my foot, I twisted my ankle. I look like a freak right now as it is and that just didn't help. Thursday of this past week I had to be transported by ambulance to the ER because I had an allergic reaction to some medication. I live on the busiest street in our little town so I'm sure the passersby really enjoyed seeing me being put into the back of the ambulance. I can't tell you how exciting it is having an IV put in your arm while flying down a rain slick highway. That IV left me with a lovely shade of purple bruise on my arm. The ER doctor had no personality at all and he asked me a really stupid question. He asked me what all I had eaten that morning and if I had started any new medications. I told him I had started a new antibiotic for a sinus infection. The doctor: "Did you know you were allergic to it?" Me: "Yeah, but I just wanted to get out of the house fo a little while this morning but didn't have much gas in the car so I thought I'd tie up EMS for a little while." WTH?

And here is my last point of the day. I love the Clemson Tigers (and Georgia Bulldogs too) but I'm not so into football that if the Gamecocks lose a game, I rub it in their fans faces on Facebook. I logged onto Facebook tonight and after apparently consuming too much alcohol while tailgating or trying to numb the pain, a Gamecock fan that I attended high school with posted that Clemson may have won today and the Gamecocks may have lost but !@#$ %^^%#@!$ in two weeks. You may have little ones leaning over your shoulder so I'll spare you his ignorance. Honestly, I love watching the Clemson vs. Carolina game every year but I'm not going to get so upset over it that it causes me to lose friends in the process. It's just stupid.

Well, I'm taking my drugged up rear end to bed. I have 2 disks in my neck, 2 in my back, a pinched nerve, a cut foot and a swollen ankle that is bugging me right now.

Until the next person pi$$e$ me off, good night and God bless!
Andrea

No comments: