Sunday, November 15, 2009

Scammers and other random thoughts

Last night I had a new friend invitation on Facebook. I didn't recognize her name (Brenda Knight) but I added her anyway so that I could look at her profile and then maybe try to figure out who she was. When I went to her profile she didn't have a picture but on her info tab she had entered that she graduated with me from my high school in 1990. Now, I know that sometimes people go by their middle names and I'm sure that she was married so I drug out my senior yearbook because it had our full names under our pics. Nope, no Brendas just as I had thought. Plus, I graduated with approximately 33 other people so it wasn't like there was 200 people and it would be easy to forget one of them! (Yes, it's somewhat like Mayberry here in Whitmire but I love it here!)

Warning to future scammers: If you're going to be a scam artist, do your research first and make sure you're not lying about being in a class that had only 33 graduates. You'll just end up making yourself look stupid.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the kids and I went to church today after a month of everyone being too sick to go out. I really enjoyed it and enjoyed the funny joke that the preacher shared today. I'm paraphrasing so bear with me:

There was a sunny meadow where hundreds of robins had came to find food one day. There was the plumpest, juiciest worms there and they really enjoyed making a meal off of them. All the while a cat hid under a bush watching the birds fill their stomachs. (I picture my cat Bella) After the robins were full they all decided to lay on their backs and bask in the sunshine. Suddenly, the cat came out from under the bush and says "I just love basking robins!" (Baskin Robbins)

The church just rolled with laughter. The preacher's wife was sitting in front of us and said she couldn't believe he told that story. I was so glad he did because it was so funny!

Well, I suppose that's all for tonight. The morning madness starts again in about 7 hours so I need to go get some beauty rest and pray that if the beauty rest doesn't work then I'll receive a gift certificate for a new body and face transplant.

Hugs & God Bless!
Andrea

No comments: