Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just some random thoughts

I just watched My Sister's Keeper and feel like my heart is totally ripped in two. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child like that. I don't remember ever crying so much over a movie. So I decided to blog tonight to try and get it off of my mind before I go to bed.

I went shopping for some clothes the other day which is a rare treat for me because if I buy myself something I feel guilty because the kids might need (more like want) something. And that's why I'm still wearing some jogging pants that I wore this time last year when I was pregnant. I'm not sure who the designers of plus sized clothing think they're fooling or even what they're thinking but they really need to reinvent plus size clothes. The shirts are so loud with flowers that it looks like a Hawaiian lei plant exploded. If it's not flowers, it's stripes and I'm sorry but I don't want to go out looking like a circus tent. And just so you know, stripes DO NOT create any kind of illusion: we're still fat. One thing that really makes me laugh about clothing is that there will be a rack of clothes and on top of that rack of clothes is a sign with the price. "Normal" sized clothes are one price but if you happen to fall in the plus size category, it's two dollars more for ALL of that extra material they had to buy to make your circus tent.

There's not a good selection of plus sized jeans out there either! Most have elastic waist and I'm sorry but I just don't want to look like grandma with her pants pulled up underneath her boobs. (although with my grandma that would be at her waist line!) A note to clothing designers: Just because we're fat doesn't mean we're also tall. You can be petite and fat. It's kinda like the little teapot song: "I'm a little teapot, short and stout...." Honestly, if you wear the stuff that designers are putting on the racks these days for us heavy chicks our pictures will end up on www.peopleofwalmart.com and that's not something I want happening.

Have you ever visited www.peopleofwalmart.com? (Don't do it now, wait until you've finished here) If you've ever felt bad about your looks, please visit this website so that you'll know there are people worse looking than you. I have spent many hours on this website. I'm really surprised I haven't woke up the kids laughing yet. And if you think there's rednecks only in the south, think again. People of Walmart is proof that they're everywhere! The site could really be used as a reference tool.

I'm trying to get over some really bad food poisoning too. I've never felt so bad in my life! I'm starting to feel human again though and I think I'll live. Today is the 5th day of it and it hasn't been as bad so I'm hoping it is on it's way out of my body.

Well, that's all I have for tonight. I hope I've at least made you smile. If not pinch yourself and make sure you're still alive.

Good night and God bless!
Andrea

No comments: