Saturday, November 28, 2009

The worst date ever!

I do believe that I have hit rock bottom in the dating world.

Wednesday night I had a date with a local radio station DJ. Here's a brief history of how all of this came to be. The radio station that he works for has a text line and about 3 years ago I must have requested a song or something. We somehow from that began texting each other back and forth. Some texts were flirty but he had a girlfriend so they never really went anywhere. During those three years we met once or twice at concerts. Long story short, he broke up with her and then on this past Monday night I sent a text asking why they never play one of my daughter's favorite bands on the radio and so the flirting began again. When he got off of work that night he called me and we talked nearly two hours. I enjoyed talking to him and before we hung up he asked if I would like to meet him when he got off of work on Wednesday night and like an idiot I said yes. Blah, blah, blah.

Wednesday night I meet him outside of the radio station and he's really tired and wants to know if take out and a movie at his apartment was okay. Sure, that's fine with me because it's kinda hard to talk in a crowded restaurant or during a movie in a theater. His idea of take out was the McDonald's dollar value menu. Ok, let me say that you don't have to spend a fortune on me but OMG...this was our first date and he's taking me to the McDonald's drive thru and ordering from the value menu! WTF? So after getting a McChicken and a drink (didn't order fries because I figured that since the dollar menu drink is a small, fries would add to my thirstiness)we drive to his apartment. It was nice but definitely a sci-fi bachelor pad. The grand tour was a living room with wall to wall movies, a kitchen that definitely needs a woman, his bedroom which also needed a woman but in more ways than one and then the spare bedroom. Ok y'all, this spare bedroom is something to behold. It is a shrine to every sci-fi movie ever made AND about 6 or 7 bass guitars. The room was complete with glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. It really made me think of a room that my 6 year old son would love!

We sit on the couch with our McD's and he puts in the movie...you guessed it the new Star Trek. Now, I admit, the new Captain Kirk is a delight for the eyes but I'm just not a trekkie. But if you're gonna get someone to watch something you could at least shut up for more than 2 seconds every once in a while so that she knows a little about what is going on in the movie. The man loves to hear himself talk. Maybe that's why he's a DJ. He asks if I like the movie and I told him that if I could hear it I might would like the movie. (meaning, STFU for a little while so I can listen) So he grabs the remote and jacks the volume up to about 50. Yes, the same level that my 90 year old grandma listens to her TV while the closed captioning is on. He proceeds to talk over this. I still have no idea what the movie was about other than Captain Kirk's mom giving birth to him during some kind of galactic disaster. I do give her kudos for that! I have to have babies surgically removed during normal circumstances.

To sum it all up, he's a sweet guy, annoying as heck and talks way more than I can handle. He also interrupts. I have corrected my 6 year old many times for interrupting me in the middle of a sentence and I definitely hate when an adult does it. My date would ask me a question and literally before I had two words out of my mouth he would interrupt to talk about something else.

All in all, I had a date with Spongebob Sci-fipants on Wednesday night.

But since I believe I hit rock bottom in dating, there's only one way to go.

No comments: