Monday, December 21, 2009

Scammers and cheap mamas

Well, I said last week that I had a lot to blog about and was going to spread it out over the week but that just didn't happen. I got too busy with stuff here at the house. So now I will attempt to give you the short version.

For those of you who didn't know, I'm an Avon Independent Sales Rep. I really love it and you can actually make some real cash from it. Anyway, two weekends ago someone contacted me through my Avon online store and told me that she would like to purchase gifts for her employees through me. I sent her an email back and told her that if she would send me her phone number I would be glad to call her and discuss her order. She emailed me back and said that she was hearing impaired and would rather discuss through email. She also included the list of what she wanted to order along with the quantities. Her order came to $875 and a few cents. Normally, Avon orders don't have to be paid for in advance but I told her that I would rather she pay for this upfront because I didn't know her and I just kept having this gut feeling that she wasn't legit. There was no way I was going to get stuck with that much merchandise and then have to pay to ship it back to Avon. I was also smart enough to tell her that I don't accept checks and that she'd have to pay with a money order or cash. She told me that she would send me a money order so I gave her the address to send it to. Then she insisted that I go ahead and place the order. I told her that I wasn't going to place the order until I had the money. The next day she emailed me and told me that she could only pay with a check. I told her that she would have to find another rep because I don't accept checks. I haven't heard from her since. I'm sure she was a scammer. That would have been nice money if she had been for real.

Now, this is going to make me sound like a very ungrateful person and if it does, I don't mean for it to. After Halloween a group of moms that I belong to decided to do a Christmas gift exchange for our babies. We agreed on the price, etc. The person that I was paired with was the person that organized this gift exchange. After I spent the set amount of money on her child a gift and shipped the gift, I found out that everyone that was participating in the gift exchange was purchasing a gift for her child and she was purchasing gifts for all of the other babies. Sounds awesome, right? Well it wasn't. Her child received probably 20 quality gifts while our children received the crappiest presents that probably only cost her about $6 at the Dollar Tree. I know that you are supposed to be happier to give than receive but my baby was screwed over on his first Christmas. This royally ticked me off! I really don't know if I should say something to her or just let it blow over and not participate in anything that she organizes again. If it had been explained like that in the beginning, I sure would have never joined in. I'm sure I'm not the only mad mama.

That's all I've got for now. I've got an Avon order to sort and I need to ChaCha a little bit tonight too.

Good night and God bless!

No comments: