Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year and other stuff

The new year is here and it came in just fine. I did go out and mostly enjoyed myself but my date was really annoying. We've went out several other times but this time he was just really full of himself. He moved here about 3 years from Long Island and swears up and down that he'd rather live here than up north but the entire time we were together he was constantly saying "yous don't have (fill in the blank) here in the South". We don't have pizza, Italian food or bagels here in the south. Well I've got hips that say otherwise. By the time we were on the way back to my house, I felt like telling him to go back North because I can't think of one person here who'd miss him. I understand that food and other things are different in NY but geeze. Then on the way home he must have thought he picked me up at the special bus bus stop because he asked me if I knew what a bagel was. Yeah, like I'm so ignorant that I don't know what they are. And then he picks up his mp3 player and asks if I know what it is. If he hadn't been driving and if I hadn't been missing my kids so bad I swear I would have grabbed the wheel and ran us off of the road. Maybe it was the yankee in him or the estrogen in me. I don't know.

It just seems to me that I'm stuck in a bad nightmare of continuous bad dates. Even my 16 year old daughter commented the other day that I attract really weird guys. Even though it's true, it sounds really sad coming from my teenager.

So tonight I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos with the kids and they begin showing a collection of brats. They weren't my kids but I swear it nearly embarrassed me. If those had been my kids (1) it wouldn't have been on TV, (2) there wouldn't be a video of it because (3) I'd have stopped the camera and worn their bottoms out. And you could hear the parents laughing. What is so funny about your lack of parenting skills? Maybe they only see $$$ signs but honestly it's disgusting. I'm not saying my children are perfect but holy cow. I wouldn't grab the camera and start recording and then send it to AFV for the entire planet to see. (I'm sure they AFV on satellite in Bangladesh)

I couldn't find anything else on TV the other night so I watch Little Miss Perfect on WE. I've said it in another blog but my statement was proven again about mom's putting their kids in pageants for their own gratification.

That's it for tonight. God Bless!

No comments: