Friday, November 27, 2009

Crazy Crying Mommy


Long time no blog but between having sick family members and getting ready for Thanksgiving I just have been too busy! I'm going to catch y'all up in one blog post, hopefully. I sat down with Nikolas' baby book tonight so I could update it and it turned into tear-fest 2009! Nikolas took his very first step tonight without holding onto anything! It happened so fast and unexpectedly that I didn't have time to grab a camera. He was trying to get to my cell phone so I guess it was so important to him that he decided to throw caution to the wind and take one step. It was sweet! I quickly texted my daughter and a good friend to tell them the news. The friend sends me back a text that says "I thought he could already walk" so I replied "Nope". Then I get another text from him saying "But you sent me a video with Nick taking some steps". Ummm, no, I sure didn't. For one thing, I would definitely not have forgotten that he had already taken his first step and number two, I would have never have had a video of him walking because I'm just not that organized. WTH? So anyway, I decided to update the baby book because also, yesterday on Thanksgiving Nikolas got his 4th tooth! (Of course, that might have also happened at an earlier date, I'll have to consult with my friend!) After I filled in today's date I looked down the page and realized that it was all filled in. Sleeping peacefully in his crib was my 9 month old baby who has already filled a whole page of firsts. Tears flowed like a river. This is my last little one to experience firsts with and my heart was broken! :( Last week my family finally made it all the way off of the deep end. We are now the proud owners of a Pueblan Milk Snake. Yes, snake. I never dreamed I would reach that level of craziness but I have. However, I have grown to deeply LIKE this little guy. My daughter bought him from her science teacher at school. He's very accustomed to people and loves to be held. He loves to get in Kourtney's hair and get as close as her as he can. Or if she's wearing a hoodie he snuggles into it and peeps out. He entertained us on Thanksgiving after lunch while we watched him consume his meal of 3 baby mice. As with every year, I decided against shopping on Black Friday. I do believe that the black stands for black eyes. I have laughed many times though out the day while reading friends status updates on their adventures in retail land about rude fellow shoppers. I'm sure those that they were talking were referring to them as well in their status updates. I'm thinking that people are so grumpy because: (1) their tummies are still feeling the aftermath of Thanksgiving dinner; (2) it was really cold; (3) they just didn't get enough beauty rest, looked in the rear view mirror and pissed themselves when they saw their reflection. (I'm just saying!) I didn't go because I love to sleep, love the warmth of my snuggly bed and just hate crowds that are fighting to save ten bucks on a TV. Well, that's pretty much it! Alex hasn't called 911 lately and has been pretty well behaved so he left me nothing to blog about him this time. I'm sure I'll have something on him later!

No comments: