Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's a twister Auntie Em!

What a rough morning it started off as! I woke up at about 5 am to the sound of tornado warning alerts on my TV. Yeah, in December there were tornado warnings all around me. (They're forecasting sleet for Saturday!) I've never heard the wind howl the way it did this morning. It blew rain so hard against the house that it sounded like something solid slamming into the walls. As soon as I fell asleep, the horrible sounding alert would sound off again. Then I woke to dead silence. The storm had knocked out the cable and internet. Oh no! Not the fricking internet! I can do without the TV but not the internet. It's where all my friends live! Some parts of town, including the lower end of my street was without power. Thank God we had power! I wouldn't make it for long as a pioneer girl. Everything was back on in time for the Price Is Right.

I went Christmas shopping with my mom today. I believe I'm almost finished. All of the major presents are bought. Just those little odds and ends left to buy. I think my children will be happy this year.

I think I'll cut this short tonight and go read for a little while.

Good night and God bless!
Andrea

No comments: