Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Meme!


Tomorrow my grandmother will be 91 years old! Isn't that awesome? Her mind is not so great and they've talked about putting her in a home but my mom and I live close by and are constantly checking on her and my mom also stays with her a lot. My mom also spends the night there so she's not alone at night. Today I went there to fix her lunch and she came into the kitchen with me. Here is our conversation:

Meme: "Do you know what today is? It's my birthday."

Me: "Your birthday is tomorrow."

Meme. "Is it? Do you know how old I'll be?"

Me: "You will be 91."

Meme: "I will be 200" (apparently she didn't hear me)

Me: "No, you will be only 91 tomorrow." (trying not to laugh, especially after the only 91)

Meme: "But I was 100 last year."

Me: "No, you were 90 last year."

So apparently when you get her age you skip 90 - 99 and each year after that counts as 100 years. Maybe it's figured like dog years or something. I say when you get to be that regal age you can say you're whatever age you feel like!

We gave her a big party last year which wasn't supposed to be a surprise party but even though we had told her several times that we were giving her the party it was still a complete surprise to her. It was a drop-in type party. Many people from her church, neighborhood and beauty parlor were there. Yes, she still goes every Thursday to get that hair teased.

On Friday my mom and I took the kids to see Santa. The kids and I decided to walk around the mall while my mom went to Old Navy and Toys R Us. We ran into my sister so we had a great time walking around the mall together will all 6 of our kids.

My sister decided to take the girls (all 2 of them) into Claire's and I stayed out in front of the store while they shopped. The store is too small for a stroller plus 5 other kids anyway. So we're standing at the big glass windows in front of Claire's and I look down through the mall and see a man that really really looks like Santa and his wife. The boys were cutting up so I say "Santa is watching y'all." My oldest nephew, Carter, "No he's not." "Yeah he is and there he is!" Those kids looked up and saw him and lined up against that window like criminals in a police line up. "Santa" and his wife saw it too and got a kick out of it. It was one of those times I wish I had my camcorder with me. It was priceless! The look on their little faces was worth a billion bucks!

I believe most of the Christmas shopping for our family is done now. Just the little things are left to buy.

That's all I have for right now.

God Bless!
Andrea

1 comment:

April (Mama is on the Potty) said...

Happy Birthday Meme! I hope yall had a great day! I have an award for you over at my blog!!! :)